Co-design for Equity (CoE)
20 October 2022 | 9:00am – 3:30pm | Auckland
Organisations are hard at work implementing D&I initiatives aimed at attracting more diversity into their fold but the rate of change is glacial.
Many of these initiatives and interventions are built on the foundation of pre-existing organisational power structures, founded on principles of equality – i.e. the idea that all individuals have equal access to what’s on offer. These approaches miss pre-existing inequities.
Co-design for Equity (CoE) seeks to tap into the ‘lived experience’ of employees, uncovering existing inequities within organisational systems and structures. It prioritises relationships and uses creative tools to reimagine these fundamental processes. The goal of CoE is to work with your employees who are experiencing barriers to create solutions that result in equity for all.
In this workshop, there will be opportunities to:
- Learn how to identify where power imbalances and inequity are likely to be undermining your diversity efforts.
- Understand the key components to taking an equity approach to your D&I practices.
- Learn the fundamentals of Co-design
- Workshop a co-design process and experience co-design in action
- Be resourced with tools and tips to bring co-design to your own organisation.
Who should attend this workshop?
DE&I, HR leads and people leaders responsible for setting, implementing and measuring D&I across their organisations.